Yellow Dream Farm CEO Jeffrey Garber Discusses The Origins And Ethos Of GoodGood Their New High End Cannabis Brand
GoodGood is a new high end cannabis brand aligned with sustainability and streetstyle. The brand currently offers flower and pre-roll packs at various dispensaries in Los Angeles. Strains are cultivated by Yellow Dream Farm, a family owned operation in San Bernardino County. We talked with their CEO, Jeffrey Garber, and discussed the origins of the brand and their goals for the new year. Garber, ultimately hopes to change the industry’s narrative on sustainable farming in craft cannabis and its ability to scale by continuing to provide Californians premium and sustainable cannabis at a great price.
Check out the full Q&A with Jeffrey Garber below.
Q: Tell us about the Yellow Dream Farm and its origins.
Created from a dream my family has shared since we lived in New York City, Yellow Dream Farm is the culmination of synergy between our East Coast roots and our current West Coast home. There is a long-held belief in the cannabis industry that craft cannabis cannot be sustainably grown at scale. Yellow Dream Farm aims to disrupt this narrative, with proof of concept that our fully-automated, triple tier facility is at maximum efficiency per square footage. By keeping the cost of goods sold down and passing the savings along to the customer, cannabis users in California have the opportunity to enjoy boutique cannabis at an affordable price.
Q: How did the company establish roots in California?
California is the home of the best cannabis grown in the United States, and it’s pioneering the cannabis culture we see today. Choosing San Bernardino County was a tactical decision for Yellow Dream Farm to have a quick go-to-market strategy and establish roots in this region. Most other areas in our region like Los Angeles have long licensing wait times that can take one to two years. We are centrally positioned to serve local regions and allow for expansion in the future.
Q: What’s the story behind the name GoodGood?
With GoodGood, we’re trying to target young millennials who are looking for a cannabis brand that resonates with their lifestyle. Everyone is fascinated by different groups of people who always seem to be on top of trends, enjoying the latest fashion, and are generally ahead of the curve. We like to tell people, “If you know GoodGood, you know what’s good.” We plan to offer exclusive genetics and strains that can’t be found elsewhere.
Part of our inspiration for GoodGood’s branding was current streetwear and street style. We envisioned our branding based on how it would look as an apparel company, then transferred into cannabis. This was an easy leap for us since many people who enjoy keeping up with streetwear also already enjoy cannabis, so we wanted an option they could be drawn to. We stayed away from medical-focused branding intentionally, so our demographic can feel like they have a quality brand they can turn to on a regular basis, not just when traveling or testing products for medical reasons.
All of our branding was done with our team’s vision to bring a fresh and exciting look to our product lines. As a family owned business, we are serial entrepreneurs with a previous company of yellow cabs – the yellow look and feel is a nod to our roots as a family as we embark on our next exciting journey.
Q: Any talks of releasing your own streetwear collection or doing branded collabs?
As the cultures of cannabis and streetwear are so important to the GoodGood brand, in the future, Yellow Dream Farm will consider launching merchandise so consumers can wear and rep the brand they love. We will also be creating some branded collaborations with partners and releasing limited merchandise and strain drops in the future.
Q: How do you plan to scale up the business in the new year?
GoodGood will be launching a delivery service offering service to all of the San Bernardino area, and LA and we have a retail store on the way, fulfilling our true vertical integration as a company. We also look forward to further establishing retail connections within California, and product developments and new proprietary strains, as well as product expansion, into our new extract line.
Q: When can fans expect the retail store?
The retail store opening is TBD, but fans can expect to see it in 2022. In the meantime, they can browse WeedMaps to find a retail store near them that carries the GoodGood line.
Q: What strains and products are currently being offered?
- 3.5 gram Jar – Kushmints – Hand-selected exotic genetics and organically-grown indoor flower. Produced from Seed Junky’s Cultivar, Kush Mints is a cross of Bubba Kush pollen and the clone-only Animal Mints strain bred by Seed Junky Genetics in Southern California. The experts at Seed Junky have crossed a Kush Mints phenotype with several other hybrids, including Animal Cookies and Wedding Cake.
- 3.5 gram jar – Biscotti Mintz – Hand-selected exotic genetics and organically-grown indoor flower. Biscotti Mintz – created for the true connoisseurs! From two of America’s hardest to get your hands on premium strains. With genetics from Biscotti; an 80% indica dominant specimen with the unique and delicious Mintz phenotype. The results were impressive, the Cookies x OG Kush variant delivered incredible potency and a treat of flavor. Together with the blend of creamy smooth Mintz genetics, this new champion strain was created, a completely unique cannabis plant!
- 3.5 gram jar – GoodGood OG – Hand-selected exotic genetics and organically-grown indoor flower. GoodGood house OG is an original SFV OG cut being held in our library for years by our team of cannabis connoisseurs. Also known as “San Fernando Valley OG,” is a sativa-dominant hybrid marijuana strain that is great for those who need strong pain relief but don’t want to be stuck on the couch. As the name indicates, this OG Kush relative originates from California’s San Fernando Valley.
- 3.5 gram jar – Gelato x Octane – Hand-selected exotic genetics and organically-grown indoor flower. Gelato x Octane brand offering a hybrid experience. Gelato is a tantalizing hybrid cannabis strain from Cookie Fam and Sherbinski, following in the footsteps of its parents Sunset Sherbet and Thin Mint GSC. This Bay Area, California native gets its name from the fruity, dessert-like aroma, a common genetic thread among the Cookie family. Her buds tend to bloom in dark purple hues illuminated by fiery orange hairs and a shining white coat of crystal resin.
- Single pre-rolls – Gelato – One gram of premium A-grade small buds only. No fillers and ready to smoke. Gelato, also known as “Larry Bird” and “Gelato #42” is an evenly-balanced hybrid marijuana strain made from a crossing of Sunset Sherbet and Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies. With its balance of indica & sativa, this strain produces a euphoric high accompanied by strong feelings of relaxation.
- Pre-roll packs – Eight half gram smokes rolled with high-quality small buds. Perfect for on-the-go. Gelato, also known as “Larry Bird” and “Gelato #42” is an evenly-balanced hybrid marijuana strain made from a crossing of Sunset Sherbet and Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies. With its balance of indica & sativa, this strain produces a euphoric high accompanied by strong feelings of relaxation.
- 8 gram pre-roll packs – Eight full gram smokes rolled with high-quality small buds. Perfect for on-the-go. London Pound Cake, also known as “Pound Cake,” is an indica-dominant marijuana strain made by crossing Sunset Sherbert with an unknown heavy-hitting indica. London Pound Cake offers a loud berry and grape flavor that’s backed by sharp lemon and citrus overtones. In terms of effects, you can expect a head and body high that will leave you blissed out on the couch.
- 5g GoodGood Mylar Bag – LPC x Kush Mintz – Premium A grade small buds – Perfect for all you cannabis smoking needs. London Pound Cake, also known as “Pound Cake,” is an indica-dominant marijuana strain made by crossing Sunset Sherbert with an unknown heavy-hitting indica. London Pound Cake offers a loud berry and grape flavor that’s backed by sharp lemon and citrus overtones. In terms of effects, you can expect a head and body high that will leave you blissed out on the couch.
- 5g GoodGood Mylar Bag – Kushlato – Premium A grade small buds – Perfect for all you cannabis smoking needs. Indica Dominant Hybrid mix of Gelato x Kushmintz. A strong initial berry aroma with OG undertones. Dense nugs with a gorgeous dark purple and light green blend. A real pleasure for the day joint smoker, smooth taste and level headed high is just right.
- The most up to date products can be found on our Weedmaps page: https://weedmaps.com/brands/goodgood-cannabis/products
Q: Are the product offerings in stock year ’round or are certain strains seasonal?
The first products GoodGood is launching feature popular cultivars that consumers across generations find appealing. This was intentional to help consumers grow a relationship with the GoodGood brand by experiencing our take on strains they know and love. The next phase of our rapid go-to-market strategy includes launching our exclusive proprietary strains. While right now we are focusing on whole flower products, we will slowly roll out extracts and vape pens in the future.
GoodGood is Yellow Dream Farm’s first in-house brand of boutique premium cannabis products, driven to combine the cultures of streetwear and cannabis. With a core value to create a vibrant community of like-minded smokers, the brand provides craft cannabis products including pre-packaged eighths, single and multiple packaged pre-rolls, and extracts.